Lip fillers may be used to correct minor imbalances of the lips, balance the proportions so they are aesthetically pleasing and fill the lips slightly so that makeup slides on easily and does not smudge.
As a general rule, ideal proportions of lips are thought to be 1/3 top lip to 2/3 bottom lip
Younger women often want dramatic lip volume, while older women are often keen to restore lost volume to the thinning lips without it being apparent to others.
What can I expect with lip fillers?
- You can expect to use up 0.8-1.0 ml initially of lip filler
- I use one of the best available products and charge $550/ml. It is a premium product that provides great results without lumpiness to the lips that other cheaper products can cause.
- If we only use 0.8ml of filler in the lips, we can use the remainder in another area such as the chin crease, nasolabial folds, marionette lines etc
- If you are keen to have more dramatic lips, I would suggest we revisit the idea in 3-4 weeks after you have had full results from the current treatment so that we can still aim for natural results
- The lips are among the most sensitive parts of the bodies and to minimise pain and discomfort, I offer two options for pain relief – either a nerve/ dental block, via the gums in the mouth, OR a numbing cream which begins to work in 5 minutes and lasts up to a half-hour or longer.
- Due to the area being treated, bruising is common so please don’t plan an evening out the day of your treatment or within 2 weeks of a big event!