Medical Treatments using Cosmetic Injectables
At the time that anti wrinkle treatments were first developed, they were used for medical indications:
1. decreasing spasticity in children with Cerebral Palsy
2. helping people with cervical dystonia, a condition that affects the muscles of the neck to relax.
3. excessive sweating on the hands and underarms
4. helping people with migraine headaches etc
5. helping people with TMJ dysfunction
It was later that their use in cosmetic indications was developed, but these medicinal uses for anti wrinkle injections remain to this day and are effective.